HOMEF is seeking a Communications Officer that will be responsible for supporting a comprehensive range of organisational communications and report on activities to promote the goals of HOMEF. The officer will be expected to develop content to support the work, engage stakeholders and the public.
Salary – competitive
Holidays – 30 days paid leave annually, including 3 weeks from third week December to second week of January.
Location – Benin City, Lagos or Abuja
- Improve and develop effective communication strategies to promote the goals and ideals of HOMEF. Devise and deliver effective external communications campaigns ensuring the message is consistent and engaging
- Deliver a core communications service across all online platforms including web, media, digital, press, corporate design and brand development
- Create informative content including press releases, press kits, newsletters and related media reports
- Develop a clear media strategy
- Supervise projects and campaigns to guarantee all content is publication-ready
- Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner
- Develop effective monitoring systems to measure performance and delivery against agreed targets
- Compile, edit and prepare publications including our quarterly Eco-Instigator and bi-monthly news bulletin.
- Demonstrate and utilise wide breadth of knowledge of the digital landscape and emerging trends; lead the content development strategy to identify and develop digital channels
- Use analytical tools and techniques to identify key online influencers and links between partner groups to better target digital communication
- Develop content to HOMEF website(s) and social media platforms
- At least a first degree or similar.
- Competence in written and spoken English. Knowledge of other languages will be an advantage.
- Experience in a similar post or in environmental justice campaigns
- Ability to see the big picture
- Ability to develop effective working relationships, with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to use evaluation tools to improve the effectiveness of communication and campaign activity
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Seen an application to Administrator by email: [email protected].
- Attach a comprehensive curriculum vitae including two referees
- Attach a recent passport photograph
- Acceptance of applications will close on: 31 May 2020