HOMEF is seeking a highly-analytical and qualified Financial Manager/Officer to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for the financial health of our organization by managing our financial procedures. You will be expected to be a good communicator and demonstrate in-depth knowledge of financial policies, procedures, softwares and systems.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies to guarantee operational efficiency.
- Ensure financial records and books are kept up-to-date with the latest transactions and changes.
- Oversee preparation of organizational budget and work with project leads to prepare project budgets and monitor implementation.
- Ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget.
- Oversee the preparation of all financial statements, invoices, proposals, etc as required.
- Contribute to financial audits.
- Conduct periodic financial analysis to identify and resolve issues, gaps or variances.
- Manage cash controls as well as maintain up-to-date book keeping.
- Ensure maintenance of the general and subsidiary ledgers.
- Manage the preparation of balance sheets, income statements, expense reports, etc.
- Ensure data integrity in all financial reporting.
- Review financial paperwork and procedures and make appropriate changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of financial regulations and accounting processes.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting softwares and systems
- Outstanding analytical and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant professional affiliation will be an advantage
- Location will be Benin City, Nigeria
If you feel the pull to join our team, send your application and your curriculum vitae to [email protected]. Include two references and a recent headshot. All applications must be received not later than 31 January 2021.